Monday, November 7, 2011

Dedication

 As always, a song helped to inspire this story, but in this case Weak in the Knees was entirely inspired by my friend Shannon and this song merely helped to round out my understanding of the characters. I encourage you to check out he artist though, she has a great talent.

Would you mind if I pretended we were somewhere else,
doing something we wanted to,
'Cause all this living makes me wanna do,
is die because I can't live with you,
and you don't even care.

Would you mind if I pretended I was someone else,
with courage in love and war.
I use to think that's what I was,
but now this lying hurts to much,
and I don't know what for.

I'm weak in the knees for you,
but I'll stand if you want me to.
My legs are strong and I'll move on,
but honey I'm weak, in the knees.

Would you mind if I walked over and I kissed your face,
in front of all your friends.
Would you mind if I got drunk and said,
I wanna take you home to bed,
Oh would you change your mind?

I'm weak in the knees for you,
but I'll stand if you want me to.
My legs are strong, and I'll move on,
but honey I'm weak, in the knees, for you

(lyrics from Weak in the Knees by Serena Ryder)

1 comment:

  1. Curious to see where this goes. However, i like seeing an imperfect Sidney.

    ReplyDelete